Ever wonder what goes on at home when you’re on vacations or out at work? Don’t let home security be an issue to distract you from your vacations or work. Preventions is a priority, It’s a lot easier to cease criminals than it is to stop them after they have taken actions.
Here are some great ideas to deter burglars and decrease the chances of having your home targeted.
Lighting is crucial
- It isn’t a secret that thieves like dark and hidden places to break in to decrease getting caught. Solar sensors lights could be a great way to scare thieves away, these will be programed to turn on with motion sensors for as long as 17-20 seconds. It could be installed anywhere around your house such as backyard, driveway or any other place around the house that reaches sun light.
Home vacancy sensation
- When you are out of your house, avoid posting on social media about this but also, never leave your house to appear as there is no one home. You can always leave a living room light on or maybe a TV or Radio on to produce noises. If it appears that there is someone inside it will be less possible that they target your home.
Valuable objects reachability
- If your personal valuable items are not to sight, it will be much harder for thefts to know that these items exist in your house. Avoid placing expensive items on your entrance and front porch to increase your home security. For example if you are waiting for a high value delivery of a purchase you’ve made online you should get in contact with your provider to set a date and time in which you are sure you will be home.
- Security cameras are the best surveillance system that you could invest in for your home security. There are many brands and prices for you, so you will find the one that fits you best. These will be helpful to locate facial features and license plates to confirm an event of any home invasion but most important it will help you prevent them since they won’t want to break in a home with cameras.
- Automatic gate openers are also a great idea to keep thefts away from home, these will provide you a successful way to prevent home invasions since you will only be able to open your gate with a control remote, these controls could be installed in your car or phone. Also before you get out of your car you will be able to close your gates so thefts won’t use this opportunity to surprise you.
- Always double check if doors and windows are properly closed before you leave the house. This might seem obvious but sometime on a rush to get somewhere we forget some small details that could make a big difference. If you are having trouble with locks that do not seem to work correctly you should probably replace them with secure devices as necessary.
- We have talked about solar sensor lights, cameras but we all know that burglars also hate noises that could alert our neighbors or the police. Alarm systems are excellent for home security since these will go on in case someone is trying to enter your home, there are many brands that could automatically alert the police. So start up your alarm system today!
- We often leave a key under the mat because maybe our relative forgot their copy, but leaving our keys under the mat, on our mailbox or in any “secret” hiding places is where burgers will most likely look for these items; by preventing these types of actions we will be securing our house.
Neighborhood watch out
- In times of technology it is much easier to stay alert when it comes to your neighborhood, you could create a group chat that could alert new faces in your neighborhood or doubtful actions. This would help you work with your neighbors to improve home security and reduce risk of burglary.
- Arrange for your lawn to be mowed if you are going on vacations for a long period of time, trim trees and bushes so they cannot find this as an easy hiding place. Clear paths will prevent your house to become an easy target. A neglected garden maybe a sign that nobody has taken care of it lately.
These are our top ten tips on how to secure your house from thefts, if you consider that you may not have a secure home, take action today, since todays actions could be tomorrows relieves. Remember that for all items listed on our top ten tips there are many brands and prices that could help you fit best for each situation.